The second camera on our review list is the button camera. Let me start by saying I tried to feed it through a button hole and it was totally impractical. It bulges out and the back of your shirt pushes it in weird directions. I personally wouldn’t try to use this to bust up a drug ring but hey you decide.
- Best construction of any of the cameras tested
- Buttons are responsive and don’t leave you wondering if they are pressed or not
- Vibrating motor both quiet and helpful
- Easier to aim
- Video and pictures are very dark
- Time is hard to set and contingent on understanding poorly transcribed manual.
- stopping recording is a press of the power button as opposed to a long press of the recording button. This opens up the possibility of pocket recording.
- Doesn’t seem to handle motion well in stills
Scenario One – Bright Sun – Outdoors – Close Subject
Scenario Two – Dusk – Highway – Fast Motion
Part 1 – Ebay Spy Camera Showdown – Intro