I don’t normally write about food or recipes but cooking is one of the original forms of DIY. In honor of the season here is a great and easy recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake. I modified the original recipe to reduce the amount of ingredients needed. The original recipe can be found Here.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin pie filling and Blend. (The original recipe calls for stirring in gently but by blending you will end up with a fluffier pumpkin layer) Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
There you go. Only seven ingredients and you have a great seasonal dessert. So far its been a huge hit with all of our friends and family.